Monday, March 10, 2008

Hacking The XBOX & Downloads For Free

For those of you who found my PSP Article to be useful and informative I am writing another installment only for the Xbox!

XBox is one of the other great consoles out there that games are available for download online. It isn't very difficult to get games uploaded and running. I personally was able to accomplish this after a small purchase of a hard Drive I found on tiger direct. I was able to score a 250 GB drive for $70.00 at Christmas time in 2005.

Can you imagine how many movies and games that equates to? A WHOLE lot!

After installing the drive I began downloading games and movies like crazy. After the 8 months of having this new and improved XBox I have only managed to fill up half of the space. I could even delete some of the movies/games I don't want anymore to free up space if I were to need it.

Getting games up and running on your X Box isn't very difficult and won't cost you too much compared to the amount you could end up spending on 5 games. I would say for the price of 1 game a month I can have 20 games. just by downloading them. Not to mention I don't have to pay for movies either. I just download them from my subscription site and upload to the XBox and watch them on my Big screen TV!

Here is what you will need to get this up and running:

A mod Chipped XBOX or A Soft Boot CD(Google them)

A Larger HD(highly recommended since you will be getting games like CRAZY!)

internet Connection(You should have this if you are reading my awesome articles.)

A Few Hours a day.

dvd Burner if you want to put games/movies on dvd. Not a requirement really!

Hey, that doesn't sound like too much to me. I will try to explain these requirements. The modified XBox is required to install larger HDs and software to allow you to play movies and downloaded games. If you don't want to buy a pre modified XBox or know how to solder then the soft boot cd is for you. You just put the CD in then put in your downloaded game. internet Connection - obviously you need to download them somehow? The few hours is what it usually takes me to download any popular title. Finally the dvd burner, this is only if you want to burn games or movies to dvd. They won't fit on CDs. I personally upload all of my titles to the xbox via an ethernet cable.

No comments: